Friday, October 12, 2007

AIGA Day 1

The beginning of what is going to be a full couple of days. With the time zone change, waking and sleeping is off, so I was up and out into another beautiful day pretty early. Walked around the neighborhood to get my bearings and ended up over my the Denver Art Museum, with the new addition by Daniel Libeskind.

Registered for the conference, got our bag of stuff, and checked out what was open in the morning.

As I spent most of the day taking photos, I ended up with too many to post in th blog, so I started a Flickr account. Check out http://www.flickr.com/photos/14886870@N02 for the complete set. (hopefully, it works).

The conference day ended with the beginning of the main stage events. Here are some highlights of the speakers:

> The value of design can only be experienced through the design of valuable things.
> Relationship of architecture with graphic design.
> Got a new direction/addition for Thesis -- you know who you are.
> Postmodern corn dog
> Check out christopherbaker.net
> Check out www.andrewsloat.com
> Check out www.ametrica.info (not live yet, but will be cool)
> According to the president of the AIGA, Sean Adams, what's next in design are: Squares, Franklin Gothic, and PMS 172

And lastly, from my visit to the Denver Art Museum, a quote from Sol Lewitt (conceptual and minimalist artist): "No matter what form [art] may finally have, it must begin with an idea."

More tomorrow.

1 comment:

JayBolt said...

That damn Christopher Baker stole my idea for my next typography 3 project!
That is some amazing and inspiring stuff. Wish I was there and am looking forward to seeing some more updates.